Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs, the incumbent executes the delivery of courses ensuring alignment with University, accreditation, program, and state standards in support of CSU Global’s mission and programs.
OUR MISSION & VALUES
Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student academic and professional success in a global society, by providing access to dynamic education characterized by excellence, innovative delivery technologies, industry relevance, and strong stakeholder engagement. We set the standard for quality and innovation in higher education because of our core values. Our values make an impact.
Innovative Thinking: We identify opportunities to facilitate student and CSU Global success through the execution of transformative industry methods and progressive solutions that are effective, efficient, and innovative.
Mission Focused: We drive student success in a global society through education, services, guidance, and experience.
Professional Development: We are a learning organization that is always evolving and are committed to the professional development of our faculty, staff, and students.
Accountability: We take ownership of performance across all levels and functions of the organization creating an excellent stakeholder experience.
Care: We engage with care in all that we do, creating an inclusive environment to ensure that we are treating each person as an individual and respecting the needs and wants of staff, faculty, and students.
Teamwork: We don't just talk about teamwork; we exhibit it in the way that we interact, collaborate, consult each other, resolve issues, and respect each other's contributions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Prior to the course start, complete a quality check/review of each assigned course per CSU Global expectations.
• Engage fully with students in assigned academic course(s). This translates to having active course participation and being responsive to students and supporting their success.
• Conduct course(s) as designed through the learning management system (Canvas)
• Post weekly course updates and announcements.
• Maintain and submit accurate and timely reports for student grades.
• Adhere to all CSU Global faculty expectations regarding engagement in the course through the discussion board and in comments and feedback to students on assessments.
• Provide personalized and substantive feedback on all student submissions and assignments within CSU Global guidelines.
• Respond promptly to student, Program Director, and University emails, phone calls, and inquiries in accordance with CSU Global guidelines.
• Host live class sessions, as required.
• Submit course tickets for any course issue.
• Provide feedback on the course topics, presentation, and relevancy to the Program Director.
• Actively assist the University in retention efforts such as reporting to the Academic Success Office a concern for a student not engaged in the course.
• Support University assessment efforts for the course and program.
• Maintain the highest level of ethical standard and confidentiality in the execution of all duties performed.
• Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
• Complies with all University policies and procedures.
• Remains current in profession and industry trends.
• Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
• making suggestions for improvement
• learning new skills, procedures and processes.
• Is available for other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Instructing — teaching others how to do something.
• Learning Strategies — selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when teaching new things.
• Active Listening — giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Quality Assurance - evaluate quality of student work product submitted for grading.
• Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Problem Solving - defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
• Documented knowledge and skills related to teaching modern learners and teaching methodology.
• Experience working with a diverse student population.
• Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints.
• Ability to effectively communicate to students, faculty, academic and campus leaders, and other internal and external stakeholders
• Proven ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
• Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
• Computer skills:
• Enter data into computer using software applications for data entry and word processing.
• Proficient with e-mail and cloud-based document systems (e.g., Google applications).
• Proficient with standard word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to productivity.
• Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
• Ability to work with others in a team environment.
• Less than 10% domestic travel.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle or feel, and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to spend long durations in front of a computer monitor.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Master's degree from an accredited university plus a minimum of eighteen (18) hours of graduate credit hours in the program discipline.
• Demonstrated experience teaching one of the following courses in an online environment: Intro to Physics I (algebra-based) and/or Intro to Physics II (algebra-based).
• Two (2) years of online teaching experience.
• Specific professional licensure may be required depending upon the program discipline area.
CSU Global courses are 8 weeks in length. Course appointments are awarded on a term to term basis and are based on university enrollment. Employment is considered part time/temporary. Compensation is competitive, the hourly pay range is $32 -$37 based on teaching load and degree type and also includes a contribution to a retirement account. Background checks are required of all appointed candidates. Appointed candidates will be required to submit official transcripts prior to start date.
Applicants who advance through the hiring process will participate in a pre-recorded video interview, live video interview, followed by a 3 week FCC100 training course. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the American with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. If you require an accommodation to CSU Global’s hiring process, please email Recruitment@csuglobal.edu or call us at 303-515-6164.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.