The Content Faculty for the Masters of Science in Teaching and Learning (MSTL) is responsible for developing and improving curricula for teaching and learning courses; assessing the effectiveness of curricula and instruction; and providing guidance to teaching faculty on their teaching methods. Under the guidance of the Program Director for Teaching and Learning, the Content Faculty will oversee the development of courses, assess course quality and learning outcome achievement, select appropriate textbooks and learning materials, and implement innovative ideas that will enhance teaching and learning within CSU Global education programs. The Content Faculty is ultimately responsible for the quality, effectiveness, and relevance of the MSTL program.
About Colorado State University Global:
Our Mission: Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement. Our Vision: CSU Global is the premier provider of innovative, higher learning opportunities for nontraditional students in Colorado and beyond.
Colorado State University Global (CSU Global) was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first 100 percent online state university in the United States. CSU Global is focused on facilitating adult success in a global marketplace through career-relevant education including bachelor's degree completion and master's degree programs. Embracing the land grant heritage as part of the Colorado State University System, CSU Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education through its expert faculty trained in working with adults in an online learning environment, and through its dedication to student retention, graduation and workplace success. CSU Global’s student focus requires employees to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
Job Description/Performance Objectives:
• Working with the Program Director, Program Advisory Board and part time faculty, ensure high quality relevant curriculum meeting CSU Global Curriculum Standards
• Oversee program and course development; meet all proposal and development and standards; adhere to all curriculum processes and deadlines ensuring all courses meet quality expectations.
• Manage program and course revisions based on annual program analysis, learning outcome reviews,student data, and changes in regulations and employer expectations.
• Complete monthly pre-launch quality assurance checks on all assigned courses.
• Complete post production quality assurance checks on all newly revised courses within the program.
• Review and complete all grade appeals following established process and deadlines.
• Respond to all curriculum tickets following established process and deadlines; ensure tickets are resolved and students and faculty have a positive course experience.
• Participate in the selection and development of a highly qualified faculty body who can teach effectively online in accordance with the Faculty Qualifications Policy.
• With guidance from the Director, create and distribute program newsletters and other forms of communication to improve connections with part time teaching faculty.
• Support bi-annual assessments of student learning (LOQI) and annual program reviews (APR) by stated deadlines.
• Participate on University Committee meetings
• Curriculum Development
• Interpersonal skills
• Quality Assurance
• Interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Project Management
• Innovation and Creativity
• Verbal Communication
• Written Communication
• Higher Education Policy
• Goal-Oriented/Results Orientation
• Performance Management
• Problem Solving
• Strategic Thinking
Experience & Education Requirements:
• Terminal Degree and a Master’s Degree in Education
• Teaching License
• 5 or more years of progressive experience in the field of finance; knowledge of personal finance preferred
• 5 or more years of full-time, or equivalent experience as a practicing K12 Educator.
• 3 or more years of full-time, or equivalent, experience teaching and/or developing curriculum in an online environment
• Documented knowledge and skills related to teaching adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development, and curriculum evaluation.
• Experience working with a diverse student population.Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints.
• Ability to effectively communicate to faculty, academic and campus leaders, and other internal and external stakeholders
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
Applications will be accepted until an appointment is made. Applications must include: resume; cover letter addressing interest and qualifications; names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for three references. Applications will be held in confidence except for the individuals invited for campus interviews. All applications should be in Microsoft Word format.
Performance assessments are required to help determine the candidate’s ability to perform the duties of the job. The performance assessment will test the candidate’s ability to apply the skills and competencies listed above.
The successful candidate must pass a background check.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.