Colorado State University Global delivers the next generation of online education that lives up to the reputation of the Colorado State University System for quality and innovation. Offering Bachelors completion and Masters Programs in career relevant fields, CSU Global is designed to fit into the busy lives of working adults. The 100% online university has faculty that are national leaders in their fields of study, and are specially trained to teach adult learners in an online platform. The university offers 8-week courses, with multiple start dates every semester and a simplified enrollment process.
About Colorado State University Global:
Our Mission: Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student academic and professional success in a global society, by providing access to dynamic education characterized by excellence, innovative delivery technologies, industry relevance, and strong stakeholder engagement. Our Vision: Colorado State University Global is the premier provider of innovative, higher learning opportunities for modern learners around the world.
Colorado State University Global (CSU Global) was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first 100 percent online state university in the United States. CSU Global is focused on facilitating adult success in a global marketplace through career-relevant education including bachelor's degree completion and master's degree programs. Embracing the land grant heritage as part of the Colorado State University System, CSU Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education through its expert faculty trained in working with adults in an online learning environment, and through its dedication to student retention, graduation and workplace success. CSU Global’s student focus requires employees to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
Job Duties/Performance Objectives:
The faculty member in the General Education - Mathematics program should:
• Have a terminal degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline and be willing to teach higher geometry and/or advanced probability statistics.
• Be student focused with a commitment to student success.
• Conduct course(s) as designed and properly administer the Learning Management System (Canvas).
• Adhere to all CSU Global faculty expectations.
• Engage in class(es) at least five (5) times per week, including either Saturday or Sunday, to participate in the weekly discussions.
• Provide personalized and substantive feedback on all student submissions and assignments. Includes feedback on APA format, writing structure, the use of critical thinking skills, and research skills.
• Host live sessions as required.
• Grade all assignments within 72 hours of assignment due date.
• Actively respond to student emails and phone calls within 24 hours.
• Post updates and announcements to course(s) regularly each week.
Experience & Education Requirements:
• Terminal degree from regionally accredited university within (or related) discipline is strongly preferred
• 18 hours of graduate work within discipline applying for strongly preferred
• Professional certifications within related discipline are strongly preferred
• Minimum two years of teaching experience
• Minimum one year of online teaching experience
• Minimum 3+ years of professional experience in related discipline
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
For full consideration, an application should include a cover letter, resume/CV, teaching philosophy, and unofficial graduate transcripts. Please upload your resume/CV to clearly reflect the following information:
• Course Code, Title of Course and dates and university courses were taught
• Publications listed in APA format
• Date and title of Conference Presentations
• University and community engagement
• Professional work experience
Performance assessments are required to help determine the candidate’s ability to perform the duties of the job. The performance assessment will test the candidate’s ability to apply the skills and competencies listed above.
CSU Global courses are 8 weeks in length. Course appointments are awarded on a term to term basis and are based on university enrollment. Employment is considered part time/temporary. Compensation is competitive and includes a contribution to a retirement account. Background and reference checks are required of all appointed candidates. Appointed candidates will be required to submit official transcripts prior to start date.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.